One of the last incunables to be digitized for the Polonsky Project is one of the very finest. The first translation of Pliny the Elder’s Natural History into Italian was published by the Strozzi family of Florence in 1476. The edition of 1,025 copies was printed in Venice by Nicolaus Jenson, mostly on paper. Our copy, Arch. G b.6, is one of a few printed on parchment, and was made especially for the edition’s financial underwriter, Filippo Strozzi. It is truly magnificent.
Présentation & consultation : http://bav.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/news/introducing-the-douce-pliny